Friday, January 2, 2009

Adelaide, South Australia...

A few days before New Year I spent time in South Australia. I took photos of the sea, the hills and the City of Adelaide, the Capitol of the state. I decided to show the photos of this city first. It is a beautiful city, full of old buildings and new, gracefully standing side by side.

Don't forget to click on the photos...the details in the architectural work are incredible.




































































































Adelaide is a city of Spires and Turrets and I tried to capture as many of them as I could in my 1 hour allowance for photographing this city. Hard to say which is my favorite, maybe the cute little bee on top of his hive on the Beehive Building. This city is known as the City of Churches and I think it amply lives up to its name. Mind you not all of the spires and turrets belong to churches. A lot of public and Government buildings from the late 19th early 20th century have them too.




















































































































These last three photos are of the church my husband and I married in...a long time ago. Over the years I have tried to remember exchanging vows, all I can actually bring to mind is a very hazy memory of being in front of the altar and being in a dream like state, not really taking anything in. Just being amazed, perhaps awed that we were getting married








































7 comments:

Betty said...

Loved the tour! Great shots. And very interesting, getting to see the church you married in.

Mary said...

How Beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful trip!

Kelly said...

The buildings are so fabulous!!

Hilary said...

That's some fine architecture there and a great job of capturing it. Thanks for your visit to my blog the other day. :)

Robin said...

What a fascinating glimpse into your world. I love the composition of that second to last shot.

A. Catherine Noon said...

These are incredible. I love the fact that non-church buildings have their spires too, as though the architects wanted to make the city as pretty as possible.

Your church is beautiful! I can see why it draws you back. It's clearly made a deep impression on you!

Evey Brown said...

What a variety of new and old in the same city. Those wooden doors are huge! Can't even imagine the trees they came from!
I love the bee too! Utah is known as the beehive state, we have alot of them here on buildings too.
Love the church you got married in. And that all you remember is the awe of getting married. How romantic! Love your pictures, you've found another talent there. E